Tuesday, December 5, 2006

today's sketches




A few sketches done for the WetCanvas weekly scavenger hunt:
something hanging from my ceiling, a newspaper, coloured glass (beach glass), a jar full of something not food (beach stones), and wood grain (driftwood plywood). All done in my moleskine.
As a way to practice, stretch, and grow as an artist, I'm making an effort to produce something every day, even if it is just a quickie 5 minute sketch. I've kept it up for about 3 months now. I notice that I am more confident now, my hand is quicker and more sure, and I use the eraser less, if at all. I even attempt sketching straightaway in ink (see my chandelier?!), which I never would have done three months ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica,
Good for you! What gorgeous sketches. While I am not going to buy any I am going to add you to my links on one of my blogs. I invite you to check out my two blogs also:
http://women4wildgame.blogspot.com
http://scaryswest.blogspot.com
Congrats on being a stay at home mum. "more power to you"