Thursday, January 4, 2007

where I make art

I spent a few hours today assembling my new art desk that arrived yesterday. It was a gift from my husband. I've been using a rickety old table and a ricketier mircrowave stand. My "studio" is a well-lit corner of our bedroom.

BEFORE


complete with overflowing wastepaper basket


AFTER

It is a computer desk, but I am using the keyboard tray to hold my large watercolour palette and a tray for coloured pencils or pastel. The cupboard behind the glass door will hold up to 16 x 20" canvasses. I'm quite happy with my new set-up.



And here is the view from my windows: In the distance are Dartmouth point to the left and Peter's Island Lighthouse to the right. How's that for inspiration!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sissy! nice desk.

Anonymous said...

Hello Monica, very nice computer desk. Melissa Mooreo