Saturday, January 13, 2007

work in progress: tulips and fence

Taking a break from the apples while layers of glaze dry, I've been working on this last evening and this morning.

I did the line drawing last night, while hurling insults at Tracy Barlow and Charlie Stubbs on Coronation Street (okay, I confess... I don't watch much TV, but I am hooked on Corrie).


This morning, I transferred the drawing to my watercolour sketchbook and began by masking out the brach and tulips with masking fluid, so I could work on the fence. After I'm satisfied with the fence, I'll peel the mask off and do the twig and tulips. I'm trying something new with this painting: I am mixing all my colours from the three primaries (primary cyan, primary magenta, and primary lemon yellow) and black. You can see my mixed palette in the photo below.

No comments: